IT’S TIME TO CATCH UP AND KEEP UP
The COVID-19 pandemic began two years ago in early 2020, since then we have been doing our part to keep ourselves and others safe.
However, during the pandemic there’s been a decline in the number of people accessing regular healthcare and check-ups.
Have you put off or cancelled regular health checks due to COVID? In 2022, it’s time to catch up, and take care of all parts of your health.
The Multicultural Health & Support Service (MHSS), a program of the Centre for Culture, Ethnicity & Health (CEH), is encouraging culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities to catch up and keep up with their health checks, especially around testing for blood borne viruses (BBVs) and sexually transmissible infections (STIs).
We call on health care providers, to urge and encourage all their clients to CATCH UP and KEEP UP on the health checks they may have missed or put off since the beginning of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED? JOIN THE CAMPAIGN & SPREAD THE WORD
Social Media Tiles:
Download any of our free social media tiles and share it on your website and socials to encourage your community to Catch Up on their health care.
Square 1080 x 1080
Suggested social media wording:
HAVE YOU PUT OFF GOING TO THE DOCTOR DURING COVID-19?
Now is the time to catch up with your health care. #catchupcare
GET TESTED and stay safe, healthy & STI & BBV free
There are many different STIs & BBVs: chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis, genital herpes, scabies, pubic lice (crabs), shigellosis, hepatitis B, hepatitis C & HIV
Most are curable | All are treatable | Testing is quick and easy
WHERE CAN I BE TESTED AND TREATED?
– Sexual health clinics
– GP clinics
– Community health centres
For translated information on sexually transmitted infections head to
Health Translations at https://bit.ly/2O4yVPm
- GET TESTED and stay safe, healthy & STI & BBV free
- Now is the time to catch up with your health care
- The time to visit a doctor is when you are feeling healthy. #catchupcare
- Prevention is better than waiting for when you are sick. Get tested. #catchupcare
- It is safe to go back to your nurse, doctor, hospital. They are waiting for you. #catchupcare
- Has it been a long time since you got tested? Now is the time. #catchupcare
- The earlier you get tested, the easier it is to treat STI/BBV. #catchupcare
- You haven’t stopped, and neither have viruses and bacteria. Get a check up. #catchupcare
- Were you under medical care but have stopped during COVID-19? It’s time to get looked after again. #catchupcare
Suggested hashtags (#) to accompany the tiles:
CEH’s Multicultural Health & Support Service (MHSS) provides education sessions to refugees, migrants and asylum seekers about blood borne viruses (BBVs), sexually transmissible infections (STIs), sexual health & contraception, healthy relationships & consent, social implications of alcohol & other drugs, health effects of stigma & discrimination.
BOOK AN EDUCATION SESSION for your community today.
For any enquiries about this campaign, please contact the CEH Communications team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or subscribe to our monthly newsletter HERE