We do this through:
- Individual and family support
- Peer Education
- Community education aimed at improving harm reduction knowledge related to alcohol & other drugs and reducing the associated stigma within the South Sudanese community
- Workforce development training to enhance cultural competence across the Alcohol and other Drug sector
The Health Translations Directory aims to improve the health of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We do this by providing health professionals and community members with reliable, accurate, and up to date health information in many different languages.
Cultural competence is our expertise
We can help you become more culturally competent through:
- our training programs
- cultural competence audit
- cultural competence resources
We focus on health literacy
We offer training, consultancy and resources to improve the health literacy of people in Australia. Our services include:
- health literacy course
- health literacy workshops
- health literacy resources
Sexual Health & blood-borne viruses
We are experienced in sexual health and blood-borne viruses. We focus on sexual health and blood-borne viruses in the Multicultural Health and Support Service:
- Multicultural Sexual Health Network Forum
- Multicultural Community Action Network
- Youth Ambassadors Program
CEH is proud to launch a new website www.talktesttreat.org.au talktesttreat.org.au as part of STI Testing Week (Oct 17 – 24), and contains tailored resources addressing cultural and language issues across all aspects of STI testing.
This SEXtember, we joined with 1800 My Options to organise the 2021 SEXtember forum: “Community, COVID & Choice – Supporting Migrant’s Access to Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare”. Read more for a wrap up of the discussion.
A workshop for bicultural and bilingual workers, to help you understand Long COVID and how it can affect your community.