We do this through:
- Individual and family support
- Peer Education
- Community education aimed at improving harm reduction knowledge related to alcohol & other drugs and reducing the associated stigma within the South Sudanese community
- Workforce development training to enhance cultural competence across the Alcohol and other Drug sector
The Health Translations Directory aims to improve the health of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We do this by providing health professionals and community members with reliable, accurate, and up to date health information in many different languages.
Cultural competence is our expertise
We can help you become more culturally competent through:
- our training programs
- cultural competence audit
- cultural competence resources
We focus on health literacy
We offer training, consultancy and resources to improve the health literacy of people in Australia. Our services include:
- health literacy course
- health literacy workshops
- health literacy resources
Sexual Health & blood-borne viruses
We are experienced in sexual health and blood-borne viruses. We focus on sexual health and blood-borne viruses in the Multicultural Health and Support Service:
- Multicultural Sexual Health Network Forum
- Multicultural Community Action Network
- Youth Ambassadors Program
Hear from our latest #healthliteracy course graduates on how they’ve made their services easier to use.
Kanwal Saleem of CEH’s Multicultural Health & Support Service, recently spoke about ‘Cultural Competence in Sexual Health Care’ and its importance for people from migrant and refugee backgrounds as part of the Learn over Lunch (LoL) series.
CEH has been funded by the Victorian Department of Health to raise awareness about Long COVID in 10 culturally diverse communities across six Local Government Areas. These communities were selected due to the number of COVID-19 cases they recorded in the past year.