We do this through:
- Individual and family support
- Peer Education
- Community education aimed at improving harm reduction knowledge related to alcohol & other drugs and reducing the associated stigma within the South Sudanese community
- Workforce development training to enhance cultural competence across the Alcohol and other Drug sector
The Health Translations Directory aims to improve the health of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We do this by providing health professionals and community members with reliable, accurate, and up to date health information in many different languages.
Cultural competence is our expertise
We can help you become more culturally competent through:
- our training programs
- cultural competence audit
- cultural competence resources
We focus on health literacy
We offer training, consultancy and resources to improve the health literacy of people in Australia. Our services include:
- health literacy course
- health literacy workshops
- health literacy resources
Sexual Health & blood-borne viruses
We are experienced in sexual health and blood-borne viruses. We focus on sexual health and blood-borne viruses in the Multicultural Health and Support Service:
- Multicultural Sexual Health Network Forum
- Multicultural Community Action Network
- Youth Ambassadors Program
June 20 – 26 is Refugee Week 2021. We acknowledge the important contributions of people from a refugee, asylum seeker, and humanitarian migrant background as part of our workforce, and their invaluable contributions to civic and community life.
In collaboration with the Multicultural Drug & Alcohol Partnership, the CEH training team is delivering FREE WORKSHOPS for the Alcohol & other Drugs Sector.
The Multicultural Health and Support Services (MHSS) recently underwent a review process of their Peer Education Project using the What Works Why Framework developed by the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society at Latrobe University.