We do this through:
We deliver engaging training in:
- Health Literacy
- Cultural Competence
- Understanding the NDIS
- Language Services
YES, CEH is still training, during COVID-19
- Individual and family support
- Peer Education
- Community education aimed at improving harm reduction knowledge related to alcohol & other drugs and reducing the associated stigma within the South Sudanese community
- Workforce development training to enhance cultural competence across the Alcohol and other Drug sector
The Health Translations Directory aims to improve the health of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We do this by providing health professionals and community members with reliable, accurate, and up to date health information in many different languages.
Cultural competence is our expertise
We can help you become more culturally competent through:
- our training programs
- cultural competence audit
- cultural competence resources
We focus on health literacy
We offer training, consultancy and resources to improve the health literacy of people in Australia. Our services include:
- health literacy course
- health literacy workshops
- health literacy resources
Sexual Health & blood-borne viruses
We are experienced in sexual health and blood-borne viruses. We focus on sexual health and blood-borne viruses in the Multicultural Health and Support Service:
- Multicultural Sexual Health Network Forum
- Multicultural Community Action Network
- Youth Ambassadors Program
Understanding COVID-19 workshops for Interpreters, Translators and Bicultural Workers – information about vaccines and supports made clear and simple.
On December 10, the Multicultural Drug and Alcohol Partnership conducted an online community forum with members of the South Sudanese community, other African diaspora communities, and workers from community organisations.
Despite all the obstacles of working remotely, juggling children and work or changed duties,
200 of you joined us each month in conversations about how we can make our services easier to use for everyone.