Since we started our free webinars in October 2019 over 1,500 people have joined us. Here’s what we presented.
- Four steps to working effectively with interpreters
- Plain Language Writing
- Diversity & Inclusion: Making a Start
- Health Literacy for communicating in a crisis
- Practical Strategies to reduce your unconscious bias
- Coronavirus – Communicate quickly and accurately via phone interpreter
- Plain Language for Spoken Communication
- Plain Language for written communication
For exclusive and priority access to the best of our webinar recordings, join our new Member’s Site HERE
We will regularly add content to this site, so check back regularly.
Coming up, we’ll be running our webinars twice a month to meet increased demand on topics relating to our flagship training in:
- Health Literacy – making your services easier to understand & use
- Cultural Competence – helping you work across language & culture
- Translation – writing for the culture & preferred language of your clients
- Interpreting – knowing when & how to work with interpreters
- NDIS & Disability – Understanding the NDIS, AND working across cultures in the disability sector
Here’s what’s coming up:
CEH’s FREE: Understanding the NDIS workshops are back! Training for Interpreters and Bicultural workers
After a short hiatus, workshops for Interpreters, Bicultural Workers and Multicultural Education Aides are now run as live events online:
- If you are an Interpreter, workshops are run by language for a maximum of 12 participants at a time.
- The two-hour workshop attracts 10 NAATI Professional development points (category 1.5 or 1.11).
- Keep an eye on Eventbrite to know about the next workshop in your language.
If you are a Bicultural Worker or Multicultural Education Aide (MAE) and would like a workshop to be run specifically for your agency
contact Sophie Dutertre (firstname.lastname@example.org) to organise it. The workshop is 90 minutes long.
April 28 – 12 pm – Working across Cultures in the disability sector
Learn to understand the role of cultural competence in disability work REGISTER HERE
April 29 – 12pm – Webinar for hospital staff: Plain language writing for patients
Learn how to develop patient information resources which meet your patients’ needs, including translations. REGISTER HERE
May 19 – 12pm – How to encourage migrants & refugees to use your services
Learn how to approach and work with communities in a way that meets their language and cultural needs. REGISTER HERE
For more information about any of our webinars, courses or e-learning, contact Siri Gunawardana at: email@example.com or on on 03 9418 9912