CEH Blended Health Literacy Course 2020
In 2020, we’ll run our 15th health literacy course.
This year we’ve kept the well-researched, high-quality learning experience our participants know and love, but changed how we deliver the course.
We now blend eLearning, webinars and online workshops, using the strengths of each to make our course more accessible and flexible. This allows time for valuable discussions & activities to explore the health literacy fundamentals in self paced eLearning units.
- Consumer participation – plan services with your clients to better meet their needs
- Plain language – make your written and spoken communication easier for clients to understand
- Navigation – make your website, phone systems and physical spaces easier for clients to use
- Organisational Health Literacy – make your organisational systems and processes support consumer participation, plain language, navigation and more.
LEARN practical & strategic skills to:
- run a real health literacy improvement project at your work supported by our trainers
- present your project to your organisational leaders
- plan service improvements for your clients and improve your accreditation readiness
ABOUT our blended learning approach – using the strengths of each delivery method:
eLearning – self paced, solo eLearning gives you a solid grounding in all aspects of health literacy. This includes engaging lectures, videos and interactive activities.
Webinars give you the opportunity to consult with trainers at key moments during the course.
Online workshops help you:
- Explore thinking you develop during eLearning units with like-minded professionals
- Review and deepen knowledge with highly skilled facilitators
- Present your projects to your organisational leaders in an online executive forum workshop.
Download Course Guide
Duration: 13 weeks: 26 August – 18 November 2020
- 4 x 1.5 hour Online workshops
- 1 x 2 hour Executive forum
- 8 hours Self-paced eLearning Units, Webinars
- ~20 hrs Project to apply what you learn
Delivery modes eLearning, webinars and online workshops
|Week 1 – 2||26 Aug- 2 Sept||Course introduction, housekeeping webinar, 4 eLearning Units|
|Week 3||9, 10 Sept||2 x 1.5hr online workshops: spoken and written communication|
|Week 4||16, 17 Sept||2 x 1.5hr online workshops: consumer participation and project planning|
|Week 5||23 Sept||1 eLearning Unit, project plan support call|
|Week 6 – 11||30 Sept- 4 Nov||1 eLearning Unit, project implementation with 1 support call|
|Week 12||11 Nov||Present your project to other course participants via webinar|
|Week 13||18 Nov||Present your project & discuss next steps for health literacy with your leaders at the 1.5 hr Online Executive Forum|
- Course participants implement and evaluate 1 health literacy project over 8 weeks
- Course participants must have written approval to attend course by their manager and a commitment by their executive manager to attend the Executive Forum.
Numbers are limited and preference will be given to people who register with a colleague from the same organisation
Contact: Siri Gunawardana, CEH Training Coordinator, p: (03) 9418 9912, e: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information
For more information about our specialist training courses or enquire about pricing and scheduled face to face workshops, please click on the Contact Us button below.