MHSS supports all people of refugee and migrant backgrounds. We can support you and your family in the following ways.
- We can help you and your family to better understand your health needs.
- We can give you information about how to protect yourself and your family from HIV/AIDS, hepatitis and other sexually transmissible infections. We can talk to you about harm minimisation and safer behaviours.
- We will provide personal and non-judgemental support, and we will always respect your privacy.
- We will help you find appropriate health services. We can help you make appointments for tests and to get treatment.
- We can refer you and your family to other services that you may need, such as employment, housing and welfare services.
Talk to us
We have trained community workers who understand the needs of migrants and refugees.
- Our workers can talk to you over the phone or meet you in person whenever you want.
- Our support is always free and confidential . You can ask us any questions you like and we will respect your privacy.
- You can speak to a male or female community worker, whichever you want.
- We have a youth worker who specialises in working with young people.
Call the MHSS team on (03) 9342 9700.
How we work
Read examples of how MHSS supports clients.