MHSS helps inform and educate culturally diverse communities about sexual health and blood-borne viruses.
We do this through a combination of group education sessions, face-to-face individual support, information distribution, and events and activities designed to raise awareness and stimulate discussion.
All our education activities are designed in consultation with community members and health service providers. We respect cultural diversity and use interpreters or bilingual staff where necessary.
We provide information sessions to particular community groups at their request.
These sessions aim to:
- identify and address misunderstood information, stigma, taboos and myths
- provide gender, youth and age-specific information
- provide targeted and culturally appropriate information
- promote prevention, harm minimisation and health promotion strategies
- provide information regarding testing and treatment
- encourage access to mainstream services
Contact Asvin Phorugngam on (03) 9342 9711 or email@example.com for more information on community education, or to reqest an information session.