MHSS has a range of resources that can support your work with culturally diverse communities.
MHSS is proud to release the third edition of its resource manual CALD communities, sexually transmissible infections and viral hepatitis .
This edition covers:
- how culture interacts with health and sexuality
- the impacts of migration and settlement
- working with diverse health beliefs and levels of health literacy
- diverse communication stytles
- explaining BBV/STI to CALD clients and communities
- useful support services and resources
Download the manual (PDF, 2.8MB)
Community brochures on HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis and sexually transmissible infections.
BBV/STI Multilingual Glossary
A glossary of terms relating to sexual health, HIV/AIDS and viral hepatitis, available in 10 languages.
Bridging Differences, Enhancing Understanding
A DVD resource kit on culturally appropriate health promotion, based on a project involving hepatitis education with refugee families.
A3 posters used to promote referrals to MHSS services.
Download poster 1: HIV/AIDS
Download poster 2: Hepatitis
Download poster 3: Sexual health
Websites that provide research and information on sexual health and viral hepatitis.
CEH library resources
We recommend these resources , which you can borrow from the CEH library