Course participants are from a broad range of disciplines including communications, education, management, medical, nursing, allied health and health promotion. This allows participants to benefit from exploring health literacy from a multi-disciplinary perspective.
Demonstrated Course outcomes
Research undertaken by the School of Population and Global Health at Melbourne University highlights positive outcomes of previous courses including:
- Creating immediate outcomes at the individual and organisational level
- Transfer of training knowledge and increased capacity to implement health literacy concepts
- The embedding of health literacy organisationally into standard practice
- The development of Health Literacy working groups/committees
- Developing leadership in Health Literacy across organisations
The course consists of 4 Modules delivered over 8 months. Each Module consists of a full-day
workshop and related activities such as pre-reading and project work. Summaries of the learning
outcomes of each module are located at the end of this document.
The cost of $1480 (inc. GST) per participant includes:
- four full-day workshops including course materials and health literacy resources,
- project support and advice throughout the course,
- executives and participants’ forum,
- opportunities to network with health literacy leaders throughout Victoria.
Dates & Times
Workshops run from 9am to 4pm on the dates below.
- Module 1: 02 May
- Module 2: 18 July
- Module 3: 10 October
- Executives Forum: 14 November